Sunday, February 14, 2010

Date: February 12- or is it 13?


The reason I am confused about the time is that I am on a flight headed for Hong Kong. The flight time is 14 hours (give or take a bit) and I have been flying for several hours now. All in all, I shouldn’t complain. I am in business class and there is a BIG difference between business and coach. An ex-colleague once said to me that he “never rides behind the curtain”. Although I felt the statement terribly elitist (and still do!), I have to admit that there is a lot more comfort up here. I am pleased that the State Department upgraded me. I will feel better about paying those taxes.

I studied a bit to prepare for my talks, ate a fairly good dinner (I am sure it was much better than what was served “behind the curtain”) and then just decided to stop for a while and watch the movie. And, it was a good one; Law Abiding Citizen. I highly recommend it. So now I wonder what I will do with the next 9 hours. My computer battery won’t hold for that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment